However, it's not florishing so I'll have to figure out if moving it around to a shadier or sunnier location in the side yard will help. Or it could have outgrown the container it came in.
If the original container is obviously small, I'll translant the plant the very same day or within a few days. If the original container seems like a good fit, I might leave it untouched for a couple of months.
This succulent is a member of the Jade family. Which one defies my ability to discern. When I took a piece of it to a garden center, they couldn't or wouldn't shed more light on it. I expect that it would take more of an expert at this specific variety and there are many varieties of Jade.
The trunk portion is so brittle and breakes easily with a gentle touch. But as easy as it is to break, it can also easily start growing. I have another member of the Jade plant up front near the front door where I have plenty of succulents and cactus, but lately the hot weather is bearing down heavily and the Jade plant there will need to be moved to a place less affected the sun.
I am so excited about something I learned the other day––I have a Lilac Shrub! It may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but I've been fond of Lilacs for awhile and when I check out the small plantings in garden centers, I always wonder if it could survive in my garden. A wonderful friend who I haven't seen in years made a visit to my home this past week, from Oregon on her way to a family reunion and we walked around the garden and she identified the shrub. Now that I know what it is, I'll need to do some research on the care of the shrub.
In the spring, it has been flowering some pretty purple flowers, but I wasn't sure of what it was since it looked decidedly different all my other blossoming trees and shrubs in the front or back yard.



No comments:
Post a Comment