Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Residents

I've added a few new things to the side garden and so far they seem to be doing well due to the shade of the Cherry Blossom Tree. They are meant to be indoor plants, but the weather is so hot during the Summer months, I was hoping they would do well outdoors as long as they were in a well protected shaded area.

A Cane Corn and a Bromelaid are pictured below nestled together. I will most likely move the Bromelaid to a larger pot (it's currently in something the size of a pint) within the next several weeks, but for now, it adds a spike of color.



I have the Dragon Tree in the shady spot right next to the Cane Corn, but I hope to replant it in a larger container in a sunny location since it's supposed to do well in the sun or the shade. I really love the way this plant looks with it's stripped spiked leaves and sectioned trunk.





Behind the Cane Corn is a simple Fern which I definitely need to replant into a larger receptacle and I hope to do that soon since it looks hopelessly overcrowded.




The side garden really needs a lot of work despite the new residents. We started piling up debris right next to the fence––the section near the front sidewalk so when I walk into the side yard, it has that look of neglect that I hope to rectify as soon as 1-800-Junk comes to pick up the pile of refuse. 

I will also feel better about the side garden when I can complete the red tile line near the fence that separates my garden from the neighbors. The last update I had completed was the square outline of tiles below--which is now partially obscured by that unsightly by that unattractive pile of debris.



No comments:

Post a Comment